Side 3 av 5 Først 12345 Siste
Viser søkeresultater 21 til 30 av 43
    Medlem siden
    Mar 2008
    Sted
    Oslo
    Alder
    Meldinger

Standard Sv: Hello Paul! I have some questions I hope you have time to answer.

Thank you for your answers Paul.

Right now I feel it extremely difficult to have any idea if my cortisol is low or high. I feel like a wreck..

EDIT/Admin: This thread is translated into Norwegian by piri-piri. You can find the translated thread here: http://www.sonjas-stoffskifteforum.i...ad.php?t=14349
    Sist endret av Admin; 16-03-12 kl 07:53
    Hashimoto's, hypotyreose, Armour 2009
    Å leve med binyrebarksvikt eller binyretretthet
    • Ren T3 og LDN (lav dose Naltrexon) 2012, virket ikke for meg. Bruker thyroid

Medlem siden
    May 2011
    Sted
    Nord Troms
    Alder
    Meldinger

Sitat Opprinnelig skrevet av Vigdis Vis post
    I have bought a BP meter today. I have had a low BP for a long time, checket at my GP each time. Today it seems to be high? 166 systolic 114 Diastolic. Pulse 78. Earlier I used to have a resting pulse on ca 70.

Lommelegen about blood pressure
    Your BP is high, even if doctors have measured the same on me and daid it was not high. I participated in a research project "Vitamin D against fat", a doctor at UNN said that I as a hypothyroid should not have more than 135 in systolic pressure.

The balance between systolic and diastolic must be right. The nearer numbers, the worse is the BP

Fra Lommelegen:

The fact that high blood pressure usually does not give any symptoms, means that it is often detected later than it should. There are many different and good treatment for high blood pressure. If treatment is started early, it can prevent much damage to the heart, kidneys and blood vessels, particularly the risk of stroke.
    Sist endret av Admin; 16-03-12 kl 08:18 Begrunnelse: Post in Norwegian translated into English

Medlem siden
    Mar 2008
    Sted
    Oslo
    Alder
    Meldinger

But Elbeth, my BP is high because of my adrenals/hypo condition. So Paul is right I belive: the solution is in the medication. To find the right dose and the right treatment. The last 2.5 years my BP has been more like low, or like my GP use to say: like a twenty year old...

And low BP is very common when you have adrenal issue

Medlem siden
    May 2011
    Sted
    Nord Troms
    Alder
    Meldinger

But Elbeth, my BP is high because of my adrenals/hypo condition. So Paul is right I belive: the solution is in the medication. To find the right dose and the right treatment. The last 2.5 years my BP has been more like low, or like my GP use to say: like a twenty year old...

And low BP is very common when you have adrenal issue
    So this means most doctors don't not have the faintest idea about BP and adrenals. I have hypertension which should mean I have no adrenal problems.
    My doctor didn't even think about testing my adrenals with saliva. He let me take a 24 hour urine sample to test the adrenals, though, and I think just because I was nagging.

- "You read too much", he said (meaning if you read a lot about sympoms, you think you have them too)

Medlem siden
    Mar 2008
    Sted
    Oslo
    Alder
    Meldinger

I do not know, Elbeth. Maybe it is possible to also have a high BP and adreal fatigue? The fatigue can be in different stages

Medlem siden
    Mar 2008
    Sted
    Oslo
    Alder
    Meldinger

I have been using a rather high dose of pregneolone the last month, 100 mg (before 50 mg). I have been at different sites and saw that it may be the reason to my high pulse and BP now. I stoppet taking pregnenolone for some days and will lower the dose.

Medlem siden
    Mar 2008
    Sted
    Oslo
    Alder
    Meldinger

Paul told me:
    Many people do not understand conversion of T4. They think adding T3 will simply give them more T3. It doesn't work like that at all. This too is in my book. Even doctors do not understand it. Sometimes if they add T3 they want to reduce T4 - this is a mistake.

Adding T3 will reduce TSH. The liver uses TSH to determine T4 to T3 conversion rate. With a high TSH you get maximum T4 conversion rate to T3. With a low TSH you get the minimum conversion rate. Once TSH is zero the conversion rate cannot get lower and adding more T3 or T4 then always adds more T3 (but it could also add more reverse T3 - this is a different issue).
    I am pretty sure I am on an too low dose with NDT/thyroid right now. The latest days I have felt cold, cold hands and feet. And ofcourse, the fatigue. Oh, yes, i have been here several times before. Why do I not discover it a bit earlier? I increase my dose.

And my early morning dose or late nightdose is going to be 1.5 grain or 90 mg NDT/Thyroid. It will contain 12.13.5 mcg with T3. 0.5 grain or 1 grain is a too low dose. The target is to make a change in the adrenals, and then it has to be enough T3.

Today I have also learned that people respond different on LDN. Some people have to lower their thyroidmedication. But other have to increase it! So I have to be observant for anything to happend now as an LDN'er

Medlem siden
    Mar 2008
    Sted
    Oslo
    Alder
    Meldinger

Day 2 with LDN, 1.5 mg. Night dose 1.5 grain/90 mg NDT/Thyroid. Yesterday I understood that I was underdosed. So now I have raised my dose from 2.25 grain to 2.75 grain. I got the right feeling in my body after some hours. Another thing: I used my new BP meter wrongly, so the BP showed too much. In the morning today BP 132/90, my pulse 69. So, I assume that I am on the right track when my pulse is falling down from 80-85. Yesterday I cut down on my hydrocortison, from 22.5 mg to 17.5 mg. I did not need anymore. The CT3M will probably help my body to make more cortisol from no on. It's my hope! I need a lot of hope

Second if you respond like that to Armour then you probably have an issue with cortisol or iron. The irregular sleep pattern is the result of this NOT the cause. Wilson's ideas on sleeping until 8-9 are wrong. He is also wrong that cortisol rises from 6am to 8am. His book was not based on the latest understanding of the rhythm of cortisol. You should not worry about Wilson's comments on this - they aren't right. You work in the week so your adrenals will conform to your weekday pattern because this is the main sleep wake pattern you have. So, most of your cortisol production will occur in the four hours before you get up in the week day.

The big issue is that your cortisol production is probably low, your iron may be low, low B12 may be low etc etc.
    Paul wrote this here

This is very interesting! Because for a very long time I woke up around 2-3-4 o'clock in the night with heartbeat, and had trouble with sleeping more. I know my holitic doctor use to say to his hypo patients that this means they have too much T3. I have never really belived that this was the right answer to my wakening in the middle of the night. For me it felt like a cortisol issuse. I tried even for a time to take hydrocortison at night, but it felt completly wrong.

I also work with raising my B12 and iron. None of my doctors made any comments about the level of any of them.....

Standard Re: Sv: Hello Paul! I have some questions I hope you have time to answer.

Day 2 with LDN, 1.5 mg. Night dose 1.5 grain/90 mg NDT/Thyroid. Yesterday I understood that I was underdosed. So now I have raised my dose from 2.25 grain to 2.75 grain. I got the right feeling in my body after some hours. Another thing: I used my new BP meter wrongly, so the BP showed too much. In the morning today BP 132/90, my pulse 69. So, I assume that I am on the right track when my pulse is falling down from 80-85. Yesterday I cut down on my hydrocortison, from 22.5 mg to 17.5 mg. I did not need anymore. The CT3M will probably help my body to make more cortisol from no on. It's my hope! I need a lot of hope

Paul wrote this here

This is very interesting! Because for a very long time I woke up around 2-3-4 o'clock in the night with heartbeat, and had trouble with sleeping more. I know my holitic doctor use to say to his hypo patients that this means they have too much T3. I have never really belived that this was the right answer to my wakening in the middle of the night. For me it felt like a cortisol issuse. I tried even for a time to take hydrocortison at night, but it felt completly wrong.

I also work with raising my B12 and iron. None of my doctors made any comments about the level of any of them.....
    Can you always please write down precisely the NDT individual doses you are using and the timings and what time you get up on a morning - so I can see how much T3 is being used and how it is applying the CT3M. Thanks.

Make sure you use enough iron - it takes 100-200 mg of elemental iron to raise iron levels.
    • The author of 'Recovering With T3 My Journey from Hypothyroidism to Good Health Using the T3 Thyroid Hormone' discovered he was hypothyroid over twenty years ago.
    • Don't give up hope. There are solutions that work. Please explore this website and it will provide many new ideas for you to consider.

Standard Re: Sv: Hello Paul! I have some questions I hope you have time to answer.

Sitat Opprinnelig skrevet av Paul Robinson Vis post
    Can you always please write down precisely the NDT individual doses you are using and the timings and what time you get up on a morning - so I can see how much T3 is being used and how it is applying the CT3M. Thanks.

Make sure you use enough iron - it takes 100-200 mg of elemental iron to raise iron levels.
    Also I am not used to seeing natural thyroid in milligrams - it would be easier for me to see it either in grains or ideally converted in to the equivalent mcg of T4 and mcg of T3. Thanks again. If we can optimise the CT3M dose fast then we can make you much better very quickly!!
    • The author of 'Recovering With T3 My Journey from Hypothyroidism to Good Health Using the T3 Thyroid Hormone' discovered he was hypothyroid over twenty years ago.
    • Don't give up hope. There are solutions that work. Please explore this website and it will provide many new ideas for you to consider.

Side 3 av 5 Først 12345 Siste

Lignende tråder

1. Question to Paul - too much fT3?
    Av Kevlin i forumet Recovering with T3
    Svar: 3
    Siste melding: 14-03-12, 09:48
  2. Hope for Hashimoto's Disease
    Av Mod i forumet Nyttige nettsteder og blogger
    Svar: 0
    Siste melding: 24-09-11, 11:27
  3. Time hos legen
    Av Sinka i forumet Blodprøver