Side 1 av 5 123 ... Siste
Viser søkeresultater 1 til 10 av 43
    Medlem siden
    Mar 2008
    Sted
    Oslo
    Alder
    Meldinger

Question Hello Paul! I have some questions I hope you have time to answer.

EDIT/Admin: This thread is translated into Norwegian by piri-piri. You can find the translated thread here: http://www.sonjas-stoffskifteforum.i...ad.php?t=14349

Hello Paul!

Thank you for answering our questions!

I have some questions I hope you have time to answer:

1. I am on hydrocortison treatment for my low cortisol levels. I also use Erfa Thyroid, and some other hormones. Is it possible that there is a problem with getting enough T3 when you use too long time to recover fra low adrenal activity?

2. Can you explane circadian rythm and T3 and cortisol? I think I read something about the importance of circadian rythm when you take your T3? Should I consider take some of my Thyroid in the early morning/late night? Could it be vital for me?

3. When you stop using T3/T4 combination and use only T3, will there be a lot of sideeffects by doing this? Or is this change in medication smooth and ok to do? What kind of sideeffects should I expect if I start on T3 treatment only?
    Sist endret av Admin; 16-03-12 kl 07:52
    Hashimoto's, hypotyreose, Armour 2009
    Å leve med binyrebarksvikt eller binyretretthet
    • Ren T3 og LDN (lav dose Naltrexon) 2012, virket ikke for meg. Bruker thyroid

Standard Re: Paul Robinson besøker forumet vårt

Hello Vigdis - let me take you points one by one:

1. Is it possible that there is a problem with getting enough T3 when you use too long time to recover fra low adrenal activity?

The answer to this is complex as all hormonal problems tend to be. Low cortisol levels do several things. Most importantly, to thyroid hormone they reduce the peaks of blood sugar and this tends to reduce the flow of blood sugar (glucose) into our cells. This in turn reduces the amount of chemical energy produced without our cells. This chemical energy is called adenosine triphosphate (ATP) and it is made by a structure within each cell called a mitochondrion. When there is not enough chemical energy the cells respond by converting less FT4 to FT3 and more FT4 into reverse T3. So, the consequence of low adrenal levels and cortisol in particular is lower FT3 entering the cells. The only danger with having low adrenal levels for a long time is the risk of permanent shrinkage of the adrenal glands. The lack of cortisol can be fixed either by the provision of hydrocortisone or hydrocortisone with DHEA or sometimes also aldosterone needs to be increased (via drugs like Florinef). The alternative to medications is to use the technique that I invented and many are using successfully - the Circadian T3 Method. The CT3M makes the adrenal glands themselves work harder in many cases.

2. Can you explane circadian rythm and T3 and cortisol? I think I read something about the importance of circadian rythm when you take your T3? Should I consider take some of my Thyroid in the early morning/late night? Could it be vital for me?

I don't know if this is vital for you because I cannot see any data from you on the information that I usually look at.

I usually look at:
    TSH, FT4, FT3
    Current thyroid medication - type, amount and timings
    serum iron, serum ferritin, transferrin saturation % - iron panel
    B12
    folate
    vitamin D
    cortisol - via a 24 hour adrenal saliva test or 24 hour urinary cortisol test or several serum cortisol tests
    body temperature during the day
    blood pressure during the day
    heart rate during the day
    symptoms - main symptoms someone has
    their history of thyroid disease - how it started, how it developed, what medication they have used

- so I don't make random comments. Any comments I make are based on a lot of information from a person.

The circadian T3 method is explained fully in my book 'Recovering with T3'. It requires either the T3 that is found in natural desiccated thyroid or standard T3 to work. It will not work well with slow release T3.
    Cortisol is produced every day. Most cortisol is made in the last four hours of a person's sleep. Free T3 also peaks around the time this cortisol production starts. So, for someone who get up at 7:00am then most of their cortisol is made between 3:0am and 7:00am. The Circadian T3 Method uses this information to add either some T3 or some NDT (natural desiccated thyroid) medication into this time period. I usually start with about 1 grain of NDT or 10 mcg of T3. I place it 1.5 hours before someone gets up and watch the results. People need to track temperature, heart rate and BP during the day - several times as well as their symptoms. If things are better but not good then it is moved back in time by one half hour earlier. This proceeds to the four hour time - perhaps to 3:00am for a 7:00am riser. If this is not enough then the process is repeated with an increase of thyroid medication. The results have been spectacular. Many people have been made completely well and others have been able to stop their hydrocortisone medication.

3. When you stop using T3/T4 combination and use only T3, will there be a lot of sideeffects by doing this? Or is this change in medication smooth and ok to do? What kind of sideeffects should I expect if I start on T3 treatment only?

Well, firstly to use the CIrcadian T3 Method - you don't need to stop T4/T3 or natural thyroid. Someone would only use T3 on its own if everything had been explored and no solution could be found with NDT or T4/T3.

It is not smooth because the T4 has to be stopped and the T3 can only be started in a low dose to begin with. It takes about 8-12 weeks for all the T4 to clear from the body and it is very important to only slowly raise the T3 dose during this time. So, some hypothyroid symptoms will be present during this process. This is all explained in my book. I also explain all the preparation that needs to happen first - laboratory tests and supplements that need to be taken to make it work smoothly.

I think we will be doing some kind of Q&A tomorrow at 1:00 Norway time.

Best wishes,
    Paul
    • The author of 'Recovering With T3 My Journey from Hypothyroidism to Good Health Using the T3 Thyroid Hormone' discovered he was hypothyroid over twenty years ago.
    • Don't give up hope. There are solutions that work. Please explore this website and it will provide many new ideas for you to consider.

Medlem siden
    Mar 2008
    Sted
    Oslo
    Alder
    Meldinger

Standard Sv: Paul Robinson besøker forumet vårt

Thank you for your answer, Paul! I have ordered your book and are looking forward to understand more of this. It is a lot of new information for me. I must confess I have already started to take a bit of my NDT early in the morning/late night in two nights, around five o'clock. But one of my problems is sleeplessness. So I decided to just wake up by myself and take the pill. I am a little bit afraid of disturbing my precious sleep by new patterns. But on the other side my function is not satisfaing as it is now, so I am looking in all directions for new answers. I am also looking at LDN. I will see my doc next week, and I hope he are willing to give me LDN.

When it begins to work you get more cortisol. This makes you sleep deeply after you take the dose containing NDT. If your sleep is very disturbed then begin with 2 or 3 hours before you are due to get up. Most people do not believe this works but when it does you sleep like a baby - because you are not short of cortisol anymore. Set your alarm clock to a fixed time and do it. If it is not a fixed time then you won't be able to judge the response and then adjust the new time.
    )))
    • The author of 'Recovering With T3 My Journey from Hypothyroidism to Good Health Using the T3 Thyroid Hormone' discovered he was hypothyroid over twenty years ago.
    • Don't give up hope. There are solutions that work. Please explore this website and it will provide many new ideas for you to consider.

Medlem siden
    Mar 2008
    Sted
    Oslo
    Alder
    Meldinger

Oh, alarmclock... I am wondering what the man on the other side of the bed would think about that....

But I see your point clearly, Paul. So, I have in a way started, haven't I?

I often wake up between 3-5 in the morning, with heartbeat. Does this mean that what I feel with the heartbeat is my low cortisol?

Low cortisol - most likely. Also low FT3 in the cells may be an issue.

Use a mobile phone on vibrate under the pillow - no sound just a vibrating head on the pillow!!!!

Medlem siden
    Mar 2008
    Sted
    Oslo
    Alder
    Meldinger

Stupid of me not to think about the mobile phone

Do you think I could test a little amount of T3 some few days with my NDT just to see if it changed anything? Or do you think I would just be hyper? Could it be a possible try?

I feel like an old woman, I am around 50, and feel like 80, or more. My energy levels are too small. At evenings like now, at 6 o'clock, my energy for this day are used up. Nothing left. So now I have to turn off my computer. My house want a facelift The beds want new sheets and so on. But I feel drained... The rest of the evening is for relaxing. No more work today. What a dull way to live.....

Medlem siden
    Dec 2009
    Sted
    Candyland
    Alder
    Meldinger

Exclamation Sv: Re: Paul Robinson besøker forumet vårt

Sitat Opprinnelig skrevet av Paul Robinson Vis post
    Use a mobile phone on vibrate under the pillow - no sound just a vibrating head on the pillow!!!!
    Remember to turn the mobile off (radiance) - it will still vibrate on time
    Husk stråling - ha aldri påslått mobil liggende i nærheten av hodet
    Kevlin
    ... bare fordi du er paranoid: så betyr ikke det at de ikke er ute etter deg!!
    Lavt stoffskifte - Erfa Thyroidfra slutten av 2009
    Min første halve pille med Erfa

Where do you want to work on this Vigdis ? Here on on Facebook? It is going to be hard to split this with some information in one place and some in another. I need to see the FT4 and FT3 on this NDT dosage. I also need cortisol readings - at least two - one before the first HC dose in the morning and one before a HC dose in the afternoon. Not urinary cortisol but serum cortisol.

Thanks,
    Paul

Medlem siden
    Mar 2008
    Sted
    Oslo
    Alder
    Meldinger

Standard Sv: Hello Paul! I have some questions I hope you have time to answer.

I have a new appointment with my holistic Doc next week. I have to ask him for a new cortisol test.

My last bloodtest was 19.12 2011 (I will get answers from the latest tests next week)

Vit D3 83 (50-150) (it should be at least 125)
    S-ALAT (< 45) 36
    S-Anti-TPO (< 35) 27
    S-DHEA-Sulfat (< 7.5) 9.9
    S-Ferritin (15-200) 65
    S-Folat (> 5.7) 38.5
    FT4 (8-20) 13.8
    FT3 (3.6-8.3) 6
    TSH (0.5-3.6) 0.03
    S-Iron (9-34) 22.7
    S-iron saturation (15-50) 34
    Vit B12 (170-650) 492
    S-Testosteron (< 3) 1.7
    U-Aldosterone (5-77) 18
    U-Free Cortisol (45-272) 119

Dose Thyroid: 2.25 grain/140 mg
    Dose HC: 22.5 mg
    Dose Florinef: 0.1 mg
    DHEA 25 mg
    Small amount of testosterongel, oestreogel etc
    50 mg pregnenolone
    Bloodpressure: I do not know the numbers, but my GP say it is like a 20-year old (I am 51) I will try to get the results from him
    Heartrate: around 70

I think my problem right now have been an too low Thyroid dose. In my opinion, it is one problem with all the Docs I have used: they want me on a small dose of thyroid medications. One year ago, I felt wery well. I used ca 1 grain more thyroid than now. And I used more hydrocortison than I have been using lately. But the latest weeks I tried to rise my Hc, and started to sleep better (also combined with 5-HTP, B6, melatonin etc) than before. So I guessed that a part of my fatigue problem was a too low hc-dose. After chatting with you yesterday, Paul, I added 0.15 mg thyroid on my dose, and felt better in the evening. So I think I shall carry on with Thyroid and see if it will help to rise the dose.

Back to Docs and blood tests: My experience with holistic Docs is that even they too depend too much to bloodtests. My Doc talk about that you can't know if everything comes in to the cell. But on the other hand he says "Your FT3 is too high". Sic! It is not easy to be a non-medical person in this situation. So, I have been listening too much to the Docs demand to lower my dose in spite of a rising FT3, and not listening enough to my body talk

Adrenals: I have a long story from childhood, I will not tell my tale here. But I belive my adrenals have been struggling since early childhood. This is one of the reasons I want to try LDN. I have a feeling that I maybe will have to use HC for the rest of my life. But this is something I do not know. It is a guess. But not totally out of the blue

Side 1 av 5 123 ... Siste

Lignende tråder

1. Question to Paul - too much fT3?
    Av Kevlin i forumet Recovering with T3
    Svar: 3
    Siste melding: 14-03-12, 09:48
  2. Hope for Hashimoto's Disease
    Av Mod i forumet Nyttige nettsteder og blogger
    Svar: 0
    Siste melding: 24-09-11, 11:27
  3. Time hos legen
    Av Sinka i forumet Blodprøver