Side 1 av 2 12 Siste
Viser søkeresultater 1 til 10 av 16
    Medlem siden
    May 2011
    Sted
    Nord Troms
    Alder
    Meldinger

Question Why would T3 only be better to use for some people than desiccated thyroid?

Sitat Opprinnelig skrevet av Paul Robinson Vis post
    3. When you stop using T3/T4 combination and use only T3, will there be a lot of sideeffects by doing this? Or is this change in medication smooth and ok to do? What kind of sideeffects should I expect if I start on T3 treatment only?

Well, firstly to use the CIrcadian T3 Method - you don't need to stop T4/T3 or natural thyroid. Someone would only use T3 on its own if everything had been explored and no solution could be found with NDT or T4/T3.

It is not smooth because the T4 has to be stopped and the T3 can only be started in a low dose to begin with. It takes about 8-12 weeks for all the T4 to clear from the body and it is very important to only slowly raise the T3 dose during this time. So, some hypothyroid symptoms will be present during this process. This is all explained in my book. I also explain all the preparation that needs to happen first - laboratory tests and supplements that need to be taken to make it work smoothly.

I think we will be doing some kind of Q&A tomorrow at 1:00 Norway time.

Best wishes,
    Paul

Hi Paul

I'm not sure if I understand you right when you recommend treating thyroid hormones with T3 only. I assume T3 is a synthetic hormone, and as I see it, I would think, by using desiccated thyroid I'm optimal medicated, because pigs’ thyroid is almost identical to peoples' thyroid, with all Ts - T1, T2, T3, T4 and even T0 (= T zero) and kalsitonin.
    Why would T3 only be better to use for some people anyways?

Standard Re: Why would T3 only be better to use for some people than desiccated thyroid?

Hi Elbeth - because some people do not get well with natural thyroid.

Yes T4/T3 or natural thyroid is the first choice medication but there are many reasons why some people can never get well on natural thyroid. I am one of these and there are many more people in this category.

My website http://recoveringwithT3.com has a lot of information on this and why thyroid blood tests can sometimes not reveal what is happening in our cells.

Some important information for you to consider is:

1. T3 is the biologically active thyroid hormone. The others T3,T2,T1 have some effect - but very little. T3 is ten times more effective than T4 for example.

2. For someone to get well with thyroid hormone they need only to have enough T3 in their cells and have that T3 active there. They need no T4. I have no T4 in my body - yet I am well!

3. The way the thyroid hormones work is that enough T3 has to enter the cells. Within the cells enough T3 has to bind to receptors on the mitochondria and in the cell nuclei. The T3 makes the mitochondria produce ATP energy (if there is enough glucose). The T3 makes the nucleus produce the right proteins.

4. Blood tests only measure thyroid hormones in the blood - they cannot see what is happening in the cells - at all!!!!

5. Many things can go wrong between thyroid hormones being in the blood and going inside the cells and making the insides of the cells work right. If it goes wrong we cannot see this in blood tests at all!!!!

6. My 'Recovering with T3' book explains how all this works, what can go wrong and how it can be fixed.

7. My background is science and I approached all of this with a scientific method and with medical references. The information in my book is backed up with medical science.

8. Doctors do not know most of this. They think thyroid blood tests tell them what is happening in the body - they don't for some people.

9. For some people the problems they have cause what I call 'impaired cellular response to thyroid hormone' - which means there may be thyroid hormone in the blood and even in the cells but it doesn't work right. To fix this much more T3 need to be there and natural thyroid cannot be made to work.

10. Only some people need T3 on its own. However, for them it gives them back their health - it did for me and it has for thousands of others.

I hope this is clear - it is not a myth - it is a fact.

Best wishes,

Paul
    • The author of 'Recovering With T3 My Journey from Hypothyroidism to Good Health Using the T3 Thyroid Hormone' discovered he was hypothyroid over twenty years ago.
    • Don't give up hope. There are solutions that work. Please explore this website and it will provide many new ideas for you to consider.

Medlem siden
    May 2011
    Sted
    Nord Troms
    Alder
    Meldinger

Standard Sv: Why would T3 only be better to use for some people than desiccated thyroid?

Hi Paul

I think I understand this very complicated state of hormone dysfunction.

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism in February of 2005. As usual here in Norway, I was treated with T4 only. But, I didn't get well at, and after four years when I learned about combination treatment T4 + T3 from others, I asked my physician to try it.
    I almost at once felt much better, got my energy back so I even asked my physician if T3 alone could be good for me. He didn't approve, or hadn't heard of treating hypothyroidism on T3 only.

Unfortunately, the good feeling on my combination treatment only lasted a year. I was right back to start, so this time having read Hypothyroidism Type 2: the Epidemic by dr. Mark Starr and Stop The Thyroid Madness by Janie Bowthorpe, I didn't hesitate to ask my physician for a prescription for desiccated Thyroid, which I am on now.

I have been on this medication since August 2011, and my experience so far is that many of my complaints vanished.

Best from Elbeth

Medlem siden
    Dec 2011
    Sted
    Trøndelag
    Alder
    Meldinger

Standard I have read Paul Robinsons book, and plan to switch to Erfa as soon as I'm ready

Hi Elbeth!
    I have read Paul Robinsons book, and plan to switch to Erfa as soon as I'm ready (working on my iron, B12, folate and vit. D). If you still don't feel 100% with your NDT dosage, I think you can learn a lot from his book. There are people on another forum (STTM T3-only discussion group on facebook) that is trying out his method with NDT, and it seems to work just as sucessfull! I'm following their progress to get some tips and advice for myself. And as far as I have learned, Stark's book on hypo 2 was a great inspiration for Paul's work too.

Medlem siden
    May 2011
    Sted
    Nord Troms
    Alder
    Meldinger

Standard Sv: I have read Paul Robinsons book, and plan to switch to Erfa as soon as I'm ready

Sitat Opprinnelig skrevet av piri-piri Vis post
    Hi Elbeth!
    I have read Paul Robinsons book, and plan to switch to Erfa as soon as I'm ready (working on my iron, B12, folate and vit. D). If you still don't feel 100% with your NDT dosage, I think you can learn a lot from his book. There are people on another forum (STTM T3-only discussion group on facebook) that is trying out his method with NDT, and it seems to work just as sucessfull! I'm following their progress to get some tips and advice for myself. And as far as I have learned, Stark's book on hypo 2 was a great inspiration for Paul's work too.
    Hi piri-piri

I assume NDT is short for Natural Desiccated Thyroid? I too have ordered his book Recovering with T3 from adlibris. Hopefully I'm going to learn more about thyroid treatment, now about treatment with T3

Medlem siden
    Mar 2008
    Sted
    Oslo
    Alder
    Meldinger

Standard Sv: Why would T3 only be better to use for some people than desiccated thyroid?

Elbeth and Paul: I have understood that some people use only T3 just for a period, is that right, Paul? This is a way of fixing adrenal fatigue or, what? Could you say something about that, Paul?

I do not want to destroy your tread here, Elbeth, but maybe this solution of a problem could be worth to discuss here?
    Hashimoto's, hypotyreose, Armour 2009
    Å leve med binyrebarksvikt eller binyretretthet
    • Ren T3 og LDN (lav dose Naltrexon) 2012, virket ikke for meg. Bruker thyroid

Medlem siden
    Dec 2011
    Sted
    Trøndelag
    Alder
    Meldinger

Sitat Opprinnelig skrevet av Vigdis Vis post
    Elbeth and Paul: I have understood that some people use only T3 just for a period, is that right, Paul? This is a way of fixing adrenal fatigue or, what? Could you say something about that, Paul?
    From what I understand from the book, there are two sides to Paul's method.

1. In the book you will find a lot of helpfull tools to find your optimal dosage on any T3-meds (both with pure T3, as in Liothyronin, and also with NDT, natural dessicated thyroid). You will learn how to use symptoms and signs to optimise the size of your doses, the timing between them, and how many doses you need during the day.

2. If you suffer from adrenal fatigue, you can use your T3-meds (both Liothyronine or NDT) to heal your adrenals with The circadian T3 method

Please correct me if I'm wrong here, Paul!

Medlem siden
    Dec 2011
    Sted
    Trøndelag
    Alder
    Meldinger

Standard Sv: I have read Paul Robinsons book, and plan to switch to Erfa as soon as I'm ready

Sitat Opprinnelig skrevet av Elbeth Vis post
    I assume NDT is short for Natural Desiccated Thyroid?
    Yes, Elbeth. NDT= Natural Desiccated Thyroid. I'm to influenced by the american sites and books! You know how the americans just love acronyms....

Standard Re: Sv: I have read Paul Robinsons book, and plan to switch to Erfa as soon as I'm re

Sitat Opprinnelig skrevet av Elbeth Vis post
    Hi piri-piri

I assume NDT is short for Natural Desiccated Thyroid? I too have ordered his book Recovering with T3 from adlibris. Hopefully I'm going to learn more about thyroid treatment, now about treatment with T3
    I love Stark's book - I agree with him nearly 100%. Often simply increasing NDT is enough for some people as long as their doctor's don't get too excited about low TSH. Sometimes other things like cortisol need to be addressed - this is where my Circadian T3 Method can help without the need for hydrocortisone.
    • The author of 'Recovering With T3 My Journey from Hypothyroidism to Good Health Using the T3 Thyroid Hormone' discovered he was hypothyroid over twenty years ago.
    • Don't give up hope. There are solutions that work. Please explore this website and it will provide many new ideas for you to consider.

Medlem siden
    Dec 2009
    Sted
    Candyland
    Alder
    Meldinger

Question Sv: Re: Why would T3 only be better to use for some people than desiccated thyroid?

Sitat Opprinnelig skrevet av Paul Robinson Vis post
    1. T3 is the biologically active thyroid hormone.
    The others T3,T2,T1 have some effect - but very little.
    T3 is ten times more effective than T4 for example.
    ..ooops
    Should be T4
    Kevlin
    ... bare fordi du er paranoid: så betyr ikke det at de ikke er ute etter deg!!
    Lavt stoffskifte - Erfa Thyroidfra slutten av 2009
    Min første halve pille med Erfa

Side 1 av 2 12 Siste

Lignende tråder

1. Nutri Thyroid -Thyroxine-free Thyroid Concentrate
    Av Rogi i forumet Kosttilskudd/naturmedisin for skjoldbruskkjertel
    Svar: 2
    Siste melding: 25-11-09, 10:30
  2. Svar: 0
    Siste melding: 09-11-09, 10:29
  3. Mysterious Little People
    Av baremei i forumet Forum: Kos, kaos og humor