Viser søkeresultater 1 til 10 av 10
    Medlem siden
    Jun 2010
    Sted
    Akershus
    Alder
    Meldinger

Question Will the Circadian T3 Method still work... ?

Sitat Opprinnelig skrevet av Paul Robinson Vis post
    Cortisol is produced every day. Most cortisol is made in the last four hours of a person's sleep. Free T3 also peaks around the time this cortisol production starts. So, for someone who get up at 7:00am then most of their cortisol is made between 3:0am and 7:00am. The Circadian T3 Method uses this information to add either some T3 or some NDT (natural desiccated thyroid) medication into this time period. I usually start with about 1 grain of NDT or 10 mcg of T3. I place it 1.5 hours before someone gets up and watch the results. People need to track temperature, heart rate and BP during the day - several times as well as their symptoms. If things are better but not good then it is moved back in time by one half hour earlier. This proceeds to the four hour time - perhaps to 3:00am for a 7:00am riser. If this is not enough then the process is repeated with an increase of thyroid medication. The results have been spectacular. Many people have been made completely well and others have been able to stop their hydrocortisone medication.
    Hi Paul!

Does this method require that you get up at the same time every day? I go to work mon - to thursday, then 3 days off before a new week at work. On my workdays, I get up at 06.30, but in weekends I usually sleep until around 9. Is a sleep rhythm like this a problem for the cortisol production? Does this mean that my cortisol production could be interrupted or decreased in the important last 4 hours of sleep, on days when I get up early?

I am now on a combination of Armour and Levaxin (synthetic T4 medication), 50/50. Will the Circadian T3 Method still work, or does it require Armour or T3 only?

This is very interesting, and I am looking forward to read your answer
    Bettie.

Medlem siden
    Jun 2010
    Sted
    Akershus
    Alder
    Meldinger

Standard Sv: Will the Circadian T3 Method still work... ?

I pick up this thread again - haven't been at the computer for some hours ... Is it still possible to get a comment?

Medlem siden
    Dec 2011
    Sted
    Trøndelag
    Alder
    Meldinger

Sitat Opprinnelig skrevet av Bettie B. Vis post
    Hi Paul!

Does this method require that you get up at the same time every day? I go to work mon - to thursday, then 3 days off before a new week at work. On my workdays, I get up at 06.30, but in weekends I usually sleep until around 9. Is a sleep rhythm like this a problem for the cortisol production? Does this mean that my cortisol production could be interrupted or decreased in the important last 4 hours of sleep, on days when I get up early?

I am now on a combination of Armour and Levaxin (synthetic T4 medication), 50/50. Will the Circadian T3 Method still work, or does it require Armour or T3 only?

Bettie.
    I pick up this thread again - haven't been at the computer for some hours ... Is it still possible to get a comment?
    Hi Bettie B!
    Since I have read the book, I can try to answer at least one of your questions. If you want to use the circadian T3 method to heal your adrenals, I think it's important to keep a steady sleep pattern. But as far as I understand this, these nighttime doses are only necessary for a period of time, some months maybe. And when your adrenals are up for it, you can go back to take your first dose after you get up in the morning. But when you have reached this point, I'm not really sure if those morning doses needs to be at the same time every day.

piri-piri

Medlem siden
    Dec 2011
    Sted
    Trøndelag
    Alder
    Meldinger

Comment to my last post: I just read Paul's answer to a similar question in another forum. I guess it's okay for Paul that I copy and paste here, cause it will take some work load off his shoulder.

I'm not sure how many people will be able to stop using the CT3M. It depends if their issue is simply one of getting the correct levels and then having them be self-sustaining. I still need to use the CT3M - if I stop my cortisol drops like a rock. Some will need to always do it. Some won't and there is no way of knowing who is who. My suspicion is that those on NDT may have a greater chance of not having to always do it because their FT3 is going to be more even.

Medlem siden
    Oct 2006
    Sted
    Danmark
    Alder
    Meldinger

He writes the following in his response to Vigdis here: "Well, firstly to use the CIrcadian T3 Method - you don't need to stop T4/T3 or natural thyroid. Someone would only use T3 on its own if everything had been explored and no solution could be found with NDT or T4/T3.

It is not smooth because the T4 has to be stopped and the T3 can only be started in a low dose to begin with. It takes about 8-12 weeks for all the T4 to clear from the body and it is very important to only slowly raise the T3 dose during this time. So, some hypothyroid symptoms will be present during this process."
    • Tak for at du læste mit indlæg.
    • Vil du vide lidt om hvad jeg står for, er du velkommen til at læse min signatur her

Standard Re: Will the Circadian T3 Method still work... ?

Hi Paul!

Bettie.
    You only need to use the time that you usually get up on - so base it on the majority of the time and accept that this is not perfect. So, for you your main cortisol production windown is 2:30am to 6:30am. I'd start with a time of 4:30 or 5:00am and then move the dose slowly back. You'll need to use the Armour portion of you medication. You need at least 9-10 mcg of T3 to be effective = 1 grain of Armour. So, you'd start with a 1 grain Armour dose at say 5:00am and then every 4-7 days move this back by half an hour. If you get to 2:30am and it is still not enough then go back to 5:00am with 1.5 grains of Armour (about 13 mcg of T3) and then repeat.

My book 'Recovering with T3' explains all of this.
    • The author of 'Recovering With T3 My Journey from Hypothyroidism to Good Health Using the T3 Thyroid Hormone' discovered he was hypothyroid over twenty years ago.
    • Don't give up hope. There are solutions that work. Please explore this website and it will provide many new ideas for you to consider.

Medlem siden
    Jun 2010
    Sted
    Akershus
    Alder
    Meldinger

Standard Sv: Re: Will the Circadian T3 Method still work... ?

Thank you for your answer!

Sitat Opprinnelig skrevet av Paul Robinson Vis post
    You'll need to use the Armour portion of you medication. You need at least 9-10 mcg of T3 to be effective = 1 grain of Armour.
    I use only 1/2 grain of Armour, higher dose than that gives me heavy heart pounding. I will have to get your book anyway, appears that there is still a lot to learn about this topic!

Do you think that an irregular sleep rhytm like mine does contribute to drain the adrenals?
    Dr James Wilson writes about sleep in his book "Adrenal Fatigue". He recommends that you sleep until 8-9 in the morning as often as possible. He states that Cortisol levels normally have a rise from 06.00 until 08.00, but by adrenal fatigue levels often don't get so high, and/or lowers faster than normal. What happens to my adrenals if I - on workdays - get up before my cortisol levels have had the chance to rise, and thereby interrupt the process? In week ends, I sleep until 9, then I wake up and feel like I'm finished sleeping.

Standard Re: Sv: Re: Will the Circadian T3 Method still work... ?

Thank you for your answer!

I use only 1/2 grain of Armour, higher dose than that gives me heavy heart pounding. I will have to get your book anyway, appears that there is still a lot to learn about this topic!

Do you think that an irregular sleep rhytm like mine does contribute to drain the adrenals?
    Dr James Wilson writes about sleep in his book "Adrenal Fatigue". He recommends that you sleep until 8-9 in the morning as often as possible. He states that Cortisol levels normally have a rise from 06.00 until 08.00, but by adrenal fatigue levels often don't get so high, and/or lowers faster than normal. What happens to my adrenals if I - on workdays - get up before my cortisol levels have had the chance to rise, and thereby interrupt the process? In week ends, I sleep until 9, then I wake up and feel like I'm finished sleeping.
    First I must say that if more than 1/2 grain does this then you are likely to have either cortisol insufficiency of low iron levels. The first step MUST be to have iron and cortisol tested properly. The correct tests for iron are: serum iron, serum ferritin and transferrin saturation %. All three iron tests need to be done and the tested levels need to be good (not low in the reference ranges) - my book has suggested levels that thyroid patients have found to be good for these three tests. Cortisol also needs to be tested: an adrenal saliva test or 24 hour urinary cortisol test would be good. B12, folate and vitamin D should also be tested.

Second if you respond like that to Armour then you probably have an issue with cortisol or iron. The irregular sleep pattern is the result of this NOT the cause. Wilson's ideas on sleeping until 8-9 are wrong. He is also wrong that cortisol rises from 6am to 8am. His book was not based on the latest understanding of the rhythm of cortisol. You should not worry about Wilson's comments on this - they aren't right. You work in the week so your adrenals will conform to your weekday pattern because this is the main sleep wake pattern you have. So, most of your cortisol production will occur in the four hours before you get up in the week day.

The big issue is that your cortisol production is probably low, your iron may be low, low B12 may be low etc etc.

You need to have the tests to work out what is low and what is not low.

If your adrenals are low then using the Circadian T3 Method and taking your NDT 2-3 hours before you get up for work may help a lot. I normally suggest starting 1.5 hours before getting up but I suspect your adrenals are in a bad way.
    • The author of 'Recovering With T3 My Journey from Hypothyroidism to Good Health Using the T3 Thyroid Hormone' discovered he was hypothyroid over twenty years ago.
    • Don't give up hope. There are solutions that work. Please explore this website and it will provide many new ideas for you to consider.

Medlem siden
    Jun 2010
    Sted
    Akershus
    Alder
    Meldinger

Thanks for the answer! You are probably right about the iron and vitamin D, both were low last time I had some blood samples tested. Ferritin was 40 (10-130) and vitamin D 58 (75-150). The physician advised me to take extra D3, but no comment on the iron - though I see it is low.

Seems like I should also try again to convince her to let me take a cortisol saliva test. One year ago, she had me take a blood cortisol test, along with ACTH and aldosterone, who were all normal:
    S-kortisol 07-09: 477 (138-690), P-ACTH 07-09: 5,0 (below 10,2), S-Aldosteron: 687 (70-800). I believe those tests don't give the full picture.

Standard Re: Sv: Will the Circadian T3 Method still work... ?

Thanks for the answer! You are probably right about the iron and vitamin D, both were low last time I had some blood samples tested. Ferritin was 40 (10-130) and vitamin D 58 (75-150). The physician advised me to take extra D3, but no comment on the iron - though I see it is low.

Seems like I should also try again to convince her to let me take a cortisol saliva test. One year ago, she had me take a blood cortisol test, along with ACTH and aldosterone, who were all normal:
    S-kortisol 07-09: 477 (138-690), P-ACTH 07-09: 5,0 (below 10,2), S-Aldosteron: 687 (70-800). I believe those tests don't give the full picture.
    Yes - iron is low and needs proper / a lot of supplemention.

A saliva cortisol test would be good or 2-3 serum cortisol tests over the day. One blood cortisol test in the morning is no good as many people have low levels later in the day. Your first serum cortisol sample is good - this may or may nto be a problem. Iron is though. For iron serum iron, ferritin and transferrin saturation % needs to be tested. I hope you take enough D3 - 5000 IUs?

Lignende tråder

1. How Does your Memory Work
    Av Mod i forumet Vitenskap på Youtube
    Svar: 2
    Siste melding: 31-01-11, 14:28

Søkeord for denne tråden

Bokmerker

Regler for innlegg

• Du kan ikke starte nye tråder
  • Du kan ikke svare på innlegg / tråder
  • Du kan ikke laste opp vedlegg
  • Du kan ikke redigere meldingene dine