Viser søkeresultater 1 til 9 av 9
    Medlem siden
    Dec 2011
    Sted
    Trøndelag
    Alder
    Meldinger

Standard Conditions where the circadian T3 method will not work?

Hi Paul!

I know that there are some conditions that don't go along well with your method. Can you say a few words about this?

Best
    piri-piri

Standard Re: Conditions where the circadian T3 method will not work?

My method? Well actually I have first to clarify that my book 'Recovering with T3' is about hypothyroidism and about communicating how the thyroid hormones actually work. Many people think they understand this but they really don't. So, many people put their lives in the hands of doctors who manage their thyroid treatment based entirely on blood test results. This is just the most terrible way of managing thyroid disease treatment. My book explains how thyroid hormones really work and why blood tests can be very misleading.

In terms of thyroid hormone problems my book acknowledges that most people can get well on T4/T3 or natural desiccated thyroid (NDT) and many people are left unwell on T4 alone. Only some people need T3 only treatment and because no book exists to explain how to use T3 on its own then this is why I mainly wrote 'Recovering with T3'.

I have been a thyroid patient for nearly 23 years now and I've been using T3 for nearly 15 years. My method in the book is an overall method for proper laboratory tests to find problems with iron, cortisol, B12 etc. It also recommends many supplements that are important to take to ensure that all the chemical pathways for thyroid and adrenal hormones have enough vitamins and minerals available. A deficiency of vitamin B1 for example can cause heart issues and high heart rates - this is very confusing if someone begins thyroid hormone treatment. So, my method eliminates most of the silly mistakes.

The book includes a dosage management process for T3 which starts with stopping T4 and continues. Part of this process is the Circadian T3 Method (CT3M). The CT3M can be used to correct adrenal function. However, it only has a chance of working if the patient has not got Addison's disease or hypopituitarism. It will NOT be dangerous even if they have - but it just won't work. The way to test for Addison's is to have a SYnacthen test (ACTH Stimulation test). Hypopituitarism is quite rare.

Most patients respond to the CT3M - probably 70-80% get normal adrenal function back. It works with NDT also and my book explains this too.

So, you don't have to be on T3 to get value from 'Recovering with T3' - it complements the STTM book very well.

My background was initially physics and then computer science. I spent my short career in applied research and I am very factual and scientific in my approach. The book is technical but also quite easy to read.

I hope this helps.
    • The author of 'Recovering With T3 My Journey from Hypothyroidism to Good Health Using the T3 Thyroid Hormone' discovered he was hypothyroid over twenty years ago.
    • Don't give up hope. There are solutions that work. Please explore this website and it will provide many new ideas for you to consider.

Medlem siden
    Dec 2011
    Sted
    Trøndelag
    Alder
    Meldinger

Standard Sv: Conditions where the circadian T3 method will not work?

Thanks for your answer! Yes, I was mainly concerned about Addisons an hypopituarism. But I think there was some problem with diabetes, as well? I've just read your book, and can't recall this right now. Of course, I will go to your book and find the answer for myself, but maybe you can give a short answer for the other forum readers? I know you are a very busy man, and I appreciate so much the time an devotion you put into this! Anyway, If you don't have the time to answer, I will try to provide some answer from your book, and put it out here.

piri-piri

Medlem siden
    May 2011
    Sted
    Nord Troms
    Alder
    Meldinger

Standard Sv: Re: Conditions where the circadian T3 method will not work?

Sitat Opprinnelig skrevet av Paul Robinson Vis post
    My method? Well actually I have first to clarify that my book 'Recovering with T3' is about hypothyroidism and about communicating how the thyroid hormones actually work. Many people think they understand this but they really don't. So, many people put their lives in the hands of doctors who manage their thyroid treatment based entirely on blood test results. This is just the most terrible way of managing thyroid disease treatment. My book explains how thyroid hormones really work and why blood tests can be very misleading.

In terms of thyroid hormone problems my book acknowledges that most people can get well on T4/T3 or natural desiccated thyroid (NDT) and many people are left unwell on T4 alone. Only some people need T3 only treatment and because no book exists to explain how to use T3 on its own then this is why I mainly wrote 'Recovering with T3'.

I have been a thyroid patient for nearly 23 years now and I've been using T3 for nearly 15 years. My method in the book is an overall method for proper laboratory tests to find problems with iron, cortisol, B12 etc. It also recommends many supplements that are important to take to ensure that all the chemical pathways for thyroid and adrenal hormones have enough vitamins and minerals available. A deficiency of vitamin B1 for example can cause heart issues and high heart rates - this is very confusing if someone begins thyroid hormone treatment. So, my method eliminates most of the silly mistakes.

The book includes a dosage management process for T3 which starts with stopping T4 and continues. Part of this process is the Circadian T3 Method (CT3M). The CT3M can be used to correct adrenal function. However, it only has a chance of working if the patient has not got Addison's disease or hypopituitarism. It will NOT be dangerous even if they have - but it just won't work. The way to test for Addison's is to have a SYnacthen test (ACTH Stimulation test). Hypopituitarism is quite rare.

Most patients respond to the CT3M - probably 70-80% get normal adrenal function back. It works with NDT also and my book explains this too.

So, you don't have to be on T3 to get value from 'Recovering with T3' - it complements the STTM book very well.

My background was initially physics and then computer science. I spent my short career in applied research and I am very factual and scientific in my approach. The book is technical but also quite easy to rea
    d.

I hope this helps.

Hi Paul

I look forward to get to read your book that i just ordered yesterday. Dr. Richard K. Bernstein born in 1934 had to take it one step further from being an Engineer, to go to medical school at age 46 just to be heard.
    Bernstein had found the solution to Diabetes by measuring blood sugar and avoid the blood sugar rollercoaster in swinging up and down and wrote The diabetes solution.
    He is now known for the words: " If I can't beat them - join them!"

In my mind a patient is a better doctor for him- and herself, than any doctor who never have had the specific problem themselves.

That's why I find it hard not being taken seriously by doctors and their regime in T4 only treatment, and their not even interested in adrenal fatigue.

Diabetes is an issue for any thyroid patient and it is not specific to the Circadian T3 Method.

All thyroid hormone is active within cells not in the bloodstream. T3 cannot work properly without enough ATP (cellular energy). ATP is made by the mitochondria (one mitochondrion in each cell). ATP needs glucose for it to be manufactured.

Glucose enters the cell because of our diet, our digestive system, our cortisol (which maintains glucose levels) and insulin enables the cell walls to accept glucose. Any imbalance in any of these will stop thyroid hormone working. So, those on a calorie restricted diet may be stopping their thyroid hormones from working properly because their blood glucose never rises enough. Those with insulin issues may not have enough glucose entering the cells.

A glucose tolerance test (GTT) and insulin measurement can identify if there is a glucose or insulin issue.
    • The author of 'Recovering With T3 My Journey from Hypothyroidism to Good Health Using the T3 Thyroid Hormone' discovered he was hypothyroid over twenty years ago.
    • Don't give up hope. There are solutions that work. Please explore this website and it will provide many new ideas for you to consider.

Medlem siden
    May 2011
    Sted
    Nord Troms
    Alder
    Meldinger

Since I haven't heard about ATP I looked it up and found an explanation:

How ATP Transfers Energy (excerpts)

Energy is usually liberated from the ATP molecule to do work in the cell by a reaction that removes one of the phosphate-oxygen groups, leaving adenosine diphosphate (ADP). When the ATP converts to ADP, the ATP is said to be spent. Then the ADP is usually immediately recycled in the mitochondria where it is recharged and comes out again as ATP. In the words of Trefil (1992, p. 93) “hooking and unhooking that last phosphate [on ATP] is what keeps the whole world operating.”

The enormous amount of activity that occurs inside each of the approximately one hundred trillion human cells is shown by the fact that at any instant each cell contains about one billion ATP molecules. This amount is sufficient for that cell’s needs for only a few minutes and must be rapidly recycled. Given a hundred trillion cells in the average male, about 1023 or one sextillion ATP molecules normally exist in the body. For each ATP “the terminal phosphate is added and removed 3 times each minute” (Kornberg, 1989, p. 65).

The total human body content of ATP is only about 50 grams, which must be constantly recycled every day. The ultimate source of energy for constructing ATP is food; ATP is simply the carrier and regulation-storage unit of energy. The average daily intake of 2,500 food calories translates into a turnover of a whopping 180 kg (400 lbs) of ATP (Kornberg, 1989, p. 65).
    Hi Paul

Is ATP something one can have measured at the doctor's office and how?

No but it is unusual to have a mitochondrial issue. The usual problem is lack of glucose flow into the cells which can be tested with a glucose tolerance test (GTT) and insulin testing during the GTT.

Also it is important to be on supplements to ensure no vitamins or minerals that are co-factors within the cells for the key processes are not deficient. The usual supplements I suggest are:

B complex (50mg of B1-B6) - twice a day with food.
    B12 - 500mcg-1000mcg - once a day with food.
    C - 500mg four to six times a day - with or without food
    D3 - 2500 - 5000 IUS a day - once a day if no kidney problems (higher if low)
    a chelated multi-mineral - once a day with food
    200-400mg chelated magnesium (has to be chelated) - twice a day with food.

Medlem siden
    May 2011
    Sted
    Nord Troms
    Alder
    Meldinger

Standard Sv: Re: Conditions where the circadian T3 method will not work?

Sitat Opprinnelig skrevet av Paul Robinson Vis post
    No but it is unusual to have a mitochondrial issue. The usual problem is lack of glucose flow into the cells which can be tested with a glucose tolerance test (GTT) and insulin testing during the GTT.

Also it is important to be on supplements to ensure no vitamins or minerals that are co-factors within the cells for the key processes are not deficient. The usual supplements I suggest are:

B complex (50mg of B1-B6) - twice a day with food.
    B12 - 500mcg-1000mcg - once a day with food.
    C - 500mg four to six times a day - with or without food
    D3 - 2500 - 5000 IUS a day - once a day if no kidney problems (higher if low)
    a chelated multi-mineral - once a day with food
    200-400mg chelated magnesium (has to be chelated) - twice a day with food.

Thanks Paul

What is of particular interest to me is D3 - 2500 - 5000 IUS a day - once a day if no kidney problems (higher if low)

I have proteinuria which I understand is a leaky kidney. I never would have thought taking too much or not enough vitamine D3 (from sea food) could cause me any problems.

Is this something doctors should be aware of?

Medlem siden
    Dec 2008
    Sted
    alle lande
    Meldinger

By mistake, Paul responded to the forum announcement about new posts, instead of in the thread.

Paul writes 14-03-2012 15:40:

Doctors need to take care about vitamin D usage with patients with kidney disease. I don't know if your particular condition is a concern - you will need to investigate. I do know that some patients with kidney disease can be made worse by vitamin D and that it can cause kidney damage that is permanent. You need to investigate it.
    Hvis du har noen spørsmål knyttet til bruk av vårt forum - les OSS/FAQ.

Lignende tråder

1. Will the Circadian T3 Method still work... ?
    Av Bettie B. i forumet Recovering with T3
    Svar: 9
    Siste melding: 18-03-12, 19:51
  2. How Does your Memory Work
    Av Mod i forumet Vitenskap på Youtube
    Svar: 2
    Siste melding: 31-01-11, 14:28

Søkeord for denne tråden

Bokmerker

Regler for innlegg

• Du kan ikke starte nye tråder
  • Du kan ikke svare på innlegg / tråder