Side 2 av 2 Først 12
Viser søkeresultater 11 til 16 av 16
    Medlem siden
    Dec 2008
    Sted
    alle lande
    Meldinger

Smile Sv: Re: "Unfortunately there is a lot of misinformation on the web..."

Sitat Opprinnelig skrevet av Paul Robinson Vis post
    The Endocrine Awareness Centre for Health is run by patients like me and are expressing an opinion, which they are entitled to do.

As far as I am aware they have not tried to use the Circadian T3 Method actively with their members and have no practical experience of it. I have offered my help in the past to work with them and they did not accept this offer.

It is true that it is a recent introduction but it has been seen to be highly successful and the majority of patients are getting clear benefits from it.

I think it is fine for people to have some doubts and I would expect any new idea to have some people who have doubts.

Let me deal with the comments one by one.

There is a comment about the CT3M not healing adrenals. I have never claimed that the CT3M will 'heal adrenals'. What does 'heal adrenals' mean anyway - it is a really vague statement. I do know that the CT3M does correct cortisol insufficiency in many patients. Does this mean 'healing'? Some of these patients who have recovered their health using the CT3M do view it as healing because they no longer need to use hydrocortisone. Some might think 'healing' means that at some point then the early dose of T3 containing medication may no longer be required at an early time. If this is what is meant by 'healing' then I don't know whether this might happen for some or not. It is too early to say. However, for many CT3M does correct cortisol insufficiency and in a manner that can be more effective than a bottle of pills.

T3 does not cause heart problems.
    If used safely and correctly no thyroid hormone should cause any cardiovascular problems but if used in excess then heart and blood pressure problems may arise. If the statement on the Endocrine Awareness Centre website were true then thyrotoxicosis would not be possible. I don't know why they included this peculiar comment in this website because I agree that when used correctly and safely that T3 will not cause heart or other cardiovascular issues. Anyway, I thank them for mentioning it.

The fact is that my process and all of my book is focused on safety and thus I encourage the tracking of heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature and symptoms does not mean that I think T3 'causes heart problems'. It just means that I am being safe and cautious and tracking those things that an endocrinologist or doctor would track during thyroid or adrenal treatment. Doctors track blood pressure and heart rate during thyroid/adrenal treatment because it is know that thyroid and adrenal hormone changes can alter the metabolism. Any process which does not pay attention to heart rate and blood pressure is reckless. So, I'm not quite sure what to make of that comment as I have never said that T3 causes heart problems.

I have had many patients ask me for my thoughts about their high blood pressure or high heart rate having been advised by others to change thyroid or adrenal medication in a foolish way. So, my repeating the monitoring of as many vital signs as possible during thyroid and adrenal treatment is very sensible and it is what most good doctors would do. Hence my inclusion of these things within the T3 Dosage Management process within my book 'Recovering with T3'. In addition to this I agree that low iron and low cortisol can both cause high heart rate but so can high thyroid hormone levels (or as previously mentioned thyrotoxicosis would not be possible). I really don't understand that comment at all.

Cortisol as well as T3 is needed to make ATP
    . Well, factually glucose, T3 and a string of co-factors is needed to make ATP. Cortisol elevates glucose and cortisol isn't used directly by the mitochondria at all. All of this I explain very clearly in my book 'Recovering with T3'. This statement looks like it is borrowed from 'Recovering with T3' but incorrectly described. I have know idea why this comment is was placed on that website as I agree that without cortisol glucose would be low and this would be an issue for ATP generation. I write this clearly in my book. Maybe the person that wrote this has not yet read 'Recovering with T3'.

CT3M is not a quick fix and requires time, patience, experimentation and excellent record keeping.
    I hope so yes. This is the only way for any thyroid patient to get well. There are no easy solutions. Anyone who thinks they can just take increases of any thyroid medication and just get well without being disciplined is deluding themselves. Yes, my process in 'Recovering with T3' is spelled out clearly to make it easier for doctors and patients to follow. Discipline is important. Anyone that says they have a process that doesn't require this is truly deluded. I have no idea why they said that on the website as this is obvious for any serious attempt to get well for someone who has a problem which is not simple.

However, the statement that CT3M is just for tissue resistant hypothyroidism in untrue as most of the people who have got well using the CT3M it have normal hypothyroidism and adrenal problems. The experience of the majority of people who have used the CT3M is that it has corrected their low cortisol problems and only a fraction of these people have had what I prefer to call 'impaired cellular response to thyroid hormone'.

Are these comments on the Endocrine Awareness Centre's website in the interest of any thyroid patient? I'll leave the reader to decide.

Best wishes,
    Paul
    Best wishes to you too.

It's a very fine answer, but it seems like you can not see, that eAware's notice is not addressed to you about your book, but more is it about those perceptions (misconceptions?) some people on the Web interpret from your book.

Maybe you should consider if / when you publish the next edition of the book to include some sort of disclaimer, or some other form of attempt to prevent misinterpretation of the information your book offers. You can of course say that one can never avoid that some people misinterpret the book's messages, and you'r right, but rather do something than not doing anything. For the sake of those who just are most troubled and most vulnerable, and who sees your book as their last chance.

You're the writer. You have a mission and you have an obligation to take care of it. That your book is not used as alleged source of spreading misinformation by third persons. As I said - you're the writer and therefore you are the only one who can do it.

Our agenda is to try to protect those who may not have the benefit of the method. Those who have the benefit of the method, they do not need our attention and they are doing just fine in any case ..
    Hvis du har noen spørsmål knyttet til bruk av vårt forum - les OSS/FAQ.

Standard Re: Sv: Re: "Unfortunately there is a lot of misinformation on the web..."

Sitat Opprinnelig skrevet av Admin Vis post

Best wishes to you too.

It's a very fine answer, but it seems like you can not see, that eAware's notice is not addressed to you about your book, but more is it about those perceptions (misconceptions?) some people on the Web interpret from your book.

Maybe you should consider if / when you publish the next edition of the book to include some sort of disclaimer, or some other form of attempt to prevent misinterpretation of the information your book offers. You can of course say that one can never avoid that some people misinterpret the book's messages, and you'r right, but rather do something than not doing anything. For the sake of those who just are most troubled and most vulnerable, and who sees your book as their last chance.

You're the writer. You have a mission and you have an obligation to take care of it. That your book is not used as alleged source of spreading misinformation by third persons. As I said - you're the writer and therefore you are the only one who can do it.

Our agenda is to try to protect those who may not have the benefit of the method. Those who have the benefit of the method, they do not need our attention and they are doing just fine in any case ..
    If you had actually read my book you would have noticed the massive disclaimer at the beginning.

But thanks for pointing out the sense in it. If someone who has an alternative agenda wants to attempt to misinterpret something then they can easily do so. I am sure many that read things like the e-aware post or even your own will realise this. My book is accurate and honest and the methods described within it are explained with all the necessary caveats. I suggest you actually read it rather than reading other peoples misinformation about it.

Best wishes,
    Paul
    • The author of 'Recovering With T3 My Journey from Hypothyroidism to Good Health Using the T3 Thyroid Hormone' discovered he was hypothyroid over twenty years ago.
    • Don't give up hope. There are solutions that work. Please explore this website and it will provide many new ideas for you to consider.

Medlem siden
    Dec 2008
    Sted
    alle lande
    Meldinger

Standard Sv: Re: Sv: Re: "Unfortunately there is a lot of misinformation on the web..."

Less fortunate patients, long-term sick of hypothyroidism, have even lost a part of their linguistic and cognitive skills, and whether English speaking or foreigners, they have become de facto functional illiterate who can no longer fully understand texts with multiple semantic layers. Therefore they are looking for shorter and simpler sources of knowledge, such as messages posted by laymen in various forums, and from there get the knowledge they need, they think that they understand correctly. When one work for hypothyroid patients, one needs to have the cognitively damaged in mind.

My book is accurate and honest and the methods described within it are explained with all the necessary caveats.
    Agree, but it's not the point. Everyone can not have read your book before they comment or reflect on others' comments on the Web. Outside the English-speaking area are people who do not know English well enough to read a book, but enough to read the posts on various forums.

The point is what people read on the web. Whether they have even read the book or not, it must be in your method's best interest that it does not become distorted. You are not just a writer and your book is not just the book any more. You are a pioneer who launches a new idea, and you should therefore expect it to be challenged, either inadvertently by desperate people's wishful thinking, or opportunists with their own agenda, whatever it is.

Our agenda is solely to point out that the method should be considered as an option, not as a promise, so those who are desperate for a recovery, they must prepare themselves carefully before they begin to try this method, because studying the second hand opinions on the web is not enough. For some people this may cause a backlash that could cost a long time before they are recovered from the trial. Since we are committed to, and feel responsibility for our users and visitors on this forum, it is our duty to point out just that.

Best wishes to you too.

Medlem siden
    Mar 2009
    Sted
    Sverige
    Alder
    Meldinger

Standard Sv: "Unfortunately there is a lot of misinformation on the web..."

Sitat Opprinnelig skrevet av Mod Vis post

Hi Paul

Would you please comment on this statement on Endocrine Awareness Center for Health: Unfortunately there is a lot of misinformation on the web regarding Paul Robinson’s book “Recovering with T3”

Read more...

.....that eAware's notice is not addressed to you about your book, but more is it about those perceptions (misconceptions?) some people on the Web interpret from your book.
    We have asked eAware.org following question: "When eAware.org at the same time, both promoting the book, and warns against the method, it makes us somewhat confused. We would therefor be grateful if eAwarw.org could explain how you have reached the decision to issue this warning."

We received the following response from eAware.org :

Dear Admin team at Sonjas Stoffskifte forum,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your concerns about eAware’s stand on “Recovering with T3.”

When Paul contacted eAware about his book we were very excited. This is the first book that deals with treating thyroid issues with T3 and a book that was greatly needed. We had many conversions with Paul about his book and the CT3M. We did have some concern about the adrenals and cortisol, but the book has so much wonderful information in it and this along with the fact that it treats with T3 is why we promoted the book. As a side note we did read the books first, as we know many who have made comments and have not read the book.

In our conversation with Paul, he stated that he did not know a lot about adrenals and cortisol and we invited him to join the adrenals and RT3 Yahoo health groups that the members of eAware are also members of, Paul choose not to do this.

After hearing from many patients regarding the CT3M and the information they had been given, from other forums and web sites (not Paul’s site) we decided it was necessary to post about the “misinformation that people are being given regarding CT3M”. Too often statements are made that make patients think that something is a miracle cure and unfortunately that is just not true. This does a disservice to not only the patient, but also the patient advocates who are trying to help and make a change in our current health care system.

One of our members wanted to know if they used CT3M, if they could get off of Cortef sooner, although this member is also weaning many anti-anxiety and anti-depressants. I contacted Paul to see if he had dealt with anyone who had similar issues and if they had had any success with CT3M. He stated that he had just a couple of people and that he did not have enough information at this point in time to answer my questions.

Our comments on the misinformation regarding CT3M were not replying to anything that Paul has said, but rather to address comments that we have read on various internet locations. Some of what Paul is proposing is quite new, and misunderstandings are rampant.

The board of eAware has a combination of over 30 years of experience dealing with the disease and conditions of the Endocrine System. We started eAware to advocate for better all around health care when dealing with the Endocrine system and the supporting vitamins and minerals.

I hope this has answered your questions and please let us know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Diane Blecha
    Endocrine Awareness Center for Health
    https://eaware.org/
    Til alle norske og danske stoffskifte-pasienter, anbefaler vi boken STOP stofskiftevanviddet, skrevet av verdens ledende pasient-aktivist Janie Bowthorpe, som i 2005 grunnla nettstedet Stop The Thyroid Madness. Boken er utgitt på dansk i 2014. För alla svenska hypotyreos-patienter, rekommenderar vi samma bok, översatt till svenska med titeln Stoppa sköldkörtelskandalen (2012). Til alle gode leger, og pasienter som ønsker å lære mer av "the right stuff", anbefaler vi boken Stop The Thyroid Madness II (2014) med bidrag fra 10 leger MD. I Skandinavia, definitivt de to beste og mest nyttige bøker for hypotyreose-pasienter, for deres familier og venner, og for deres leger.

Standard Re: Sv: Re: Sv: Re: "Unfortunately there is a lot of misinformation on the web..."

Less fortunate patients, long-term sick of hypothyroidism, have even lost a part of their linguistic and cognitive skills, and whether English speaking or foreigners, they have become de facto functional illiterate who can no longer fully understand texts with multiple semantic layers. Therefore they are looking for shorter and simpler sources of knowledge, such as messages posted by laymen in various forums, and from there get the knowledge they need, they think that they understand correctly. When one work for hypothyroid patients, one needs to have the cognitively damaged in mind.

Agree, but it's not the point. Everyone can not have read your book before they comment or reflect on others' comments on the Web. Outside the English-speaking area are people who do not know English well enough to read a book, but enough to read the posts on various forums.

The point is what people read on the web. Whether they have even read the book or not, it must be in your method's best interest that it does not become distorted. You are not just a writer and your book is not just the book any more. You are a pioneer who launches a new idea, and you should therefore expect it to be challenged, either inadvertently by desperate people's wishful thinking, or opportunists with their own agenda, whatever it is.

Our agenda is solely to point out that the method should be considered as an option, not as a promise, so those who are desperate for a recovery, they must prepare themselves carefully before they begin to try this method, because studying the second hand opinions on the web is not enough. For some people this may cause a backlash that could cost a long time before they are recovered from the trial. Since we are committed to, and feel responsibility for our users and visitors on this forum, it is our duty to point out just that.

Best wishes to you too.
    The book makes it quite clear that this is an option and not a promise and so have I.

So, pointing that out is fine. However, the e-aware comments imply far more than this and contain errors. That was my duty to point out.

Best wishes,
    Paul
    • The author of 'Recovering With T3 My Journey from Hypothyroidism to Good Health Using the T3 Thyroid Hormone' discovered he was hypothyroid over twenty years ago.
    • Don't give up hope. There are solutions that work. Please explore this website and it will provide many new ideas for you to consider.

Medlem siden
    Dec 2008
    Sted
    alle lande
    Meldinger

Standard Sv: Re: Sv: Re: "Unfortunately there is a lot of misinformation on the web..."

If you had actually read my book you would have noticed the massive disclaimer at the beginning.
    This disclaimer is only about the author, publisher and others, who are not responsible for the way in which readers choose to use information from the book. It's not exactly the kind of "warning" we have in mind.

Let us stop here because there is no longer any sense in continuing this dialogue. You talk about the book while we are talking about how some readers may be affected by it, if the method can not work for them.

We make do with the fact that our comments speak for themselves.

Best regards

Side 2 av 2 Først 12

Lignende tråder

1. Hvad er "fagmand", "fagfolk" eller "faglig ballast"?
    Av Anisa i forumet Diverse relatert til helse og sykdom
    Svar: 1
    Siste melding: 22-09-10, 15:29
  2. "Vores stjålne fremtid" ("Our Stolen Future")
    Av Anisa i forumet Andre bøker
    Svar: 4
    Siste melding: 07-03-09, 16:12
  3. "Vores stjålne fremtid" ("Our Stolen Future")
    Av Anisa i forumet Hvorfor (for)blir vi syke?
    Svar: 4
    Siste melding: 07-03-09, 16:12
  4. "konen", "damen", "madamen" mm. er prol.
    Av Anisa i forumet Forum: Andre emner (enn stoffskifte)
    Svar: 2
    Siste melding: 02-03-09, 17:11

Søkeord for denne tråden

Bokmerker

Regler for innlegg

• Du kan ikke starte nye tråder
  • Du kan ikke svare på innlegg / tråder
  • Du kan ikke laste opp vedlegg
  • Du kan ikke redigere meldingene dine
  •  

Logg inn

Logg inn