Medlem siden
    Mar 2009
    Sted
    Sverige
    Alder
    Meldinger

Question "Unfortunately there is a lot of misinformation on the web..."

Hi Paul

Would you please comment on this statement on Endocrine Awareness Center for Health: Unfortunately there is a lot of misinformation on the web regarding Paul Robinson’s book “Recovering with T3”

Read more...
    Til alle norske og danske stoffskifte-pasienter, anbefaler vi boken STOP stofskiftevanviddet, skrevet av verdens ledende pasient-aktivist Janie Bowthorpe, som i 2005 grunnla nettstedet Stop The Thyroid Madness. Boken er utgitt på dansk i 2014. För alla svenska hypotyreos-patienter, rekommenderar vi samma bok, översatt till svenska med titeln Stoppa sköldkörtelskandalen (2012). Til alle gode leger, og pasienter som ønsker å lære mer av "the right stuff", anbefaler vi boken Stop The Thyroid Madness II (2014) med bidrag fra 10 leger MD. I Skandinavia, definitivt de to beste og mest nyttige bøker for hypotyreose-pasienter, for deres familier og venner, og for deres leger.

Standard Re: "Unfortunately there is a lot of misinformation on the web..."

Sitat Opprinnelig skrevet av Mod Vis post

Hi Paul

Would you please comment on this statement on Endocrine Awareness Center for Health: Unfortunately there is a lot of misinformation on the web regarding Paul Robinson’s book “Recovering with T3”

Read more...
    The Endocrine Awareness Centre for Health is run by patients like me and are expressing an opinion, which they are entitled to do.

As far as I am aware they have not tried to use the Circadian T3 Method actively with their members and have no practical experience of it. I have offered my help in the past to work with them and they did not accept this offer.

It is true that it is a recent introduction but it has been seen to be highly successful and the majority of patients are getting clear benefits from it.

I think it is fine for people to have some doubts and I would expect any new idea to have some people who have doubts.

Let me deal with the comments one by one.

There is a comment about the CT3M not healing adrenals. I have never claimed that the CT3M will 'heal adrenals'. What does 'heal adrenals' mean anyway - it is a really vague statement. I do know that the CT3M does correct cortisol insufficiency in many patients. Does this mean 'healing'? Some of these patients who have recovered their health using the CT3M do view it as healing because they no longer need to use hydrocortisone. Some might think 'healing' means that at some point then the early dose of T3 containing medication may no longer be required at an early time. If this is what is meant by 'healing' then I don't know whether this might happen for some or not. It is too early to say. However, for many CT3M does correct cortisol insufficiency and in a manner that can be more effective than a bottle of pills.

T3 does not cause heart problems.
    If used safely and correctly no thyroid hormone should cause any cardiovascular problems but if used in excess then heart and blood pressure problems may arise. If the statement on the Endocrine Awareness Centre website were true then thyrotoxicosis would not be possible. I don't know why they included this peculiar comment in this website because I agree that when used correctly and safely that T3 will not cause heart or other cardiovascular issues. Anyway, I thank them for mentioning it.

The fact is that my process and all of my book is focused on safety and thus I encourage the tracking of heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature and symptoms does not mean that I think T3 'causes heart problems'. It just means that I am being safe and cautious and tracking those things that an endocrinologist or doctor would track during thyroid or adrenal treatment. Doctors track blood pressure and heart rate during thyroid/adrenal treatment because it is know that thyroid and adrenal hormone changes can alter the metabolism. Any process which does not pay attention to heart rate and blood pressure is reckless. So, I'm not quite sure what to make of that comment as I have never said that T3 causes heart problems.

I have had many patients ask me for my thoughts about their high blood pressure or high heart rate having been advised by others to change thyroid or adrenal medication in a foolish way. So, my repeating the monitoring of as many vital signs as possible during thyroid and adrenal treatment is very sensible and it is what most good doctors would do. Hence my inclusion of these things within the T3 Dosage Management process within my book 'Recovering with T3'. In addition to this I agree that low iron and low cortisol can both cause high heart rate but so can high thyroid hormone levels (or as previously mentioned thyrotoxicosis would not be possible). I really don't understand that comment at all.

Cortisol as well as T3 is needed to make ATP
    . Well, factually glucose, T3 and a string of co-factors is needed to make ATP. Cortisol elevates glucose and cortisol isn't used directly by the mitochondria at all. All of this I explain very clearly in my book 'Recovering with T3'. This statement looks like it is borrowed from 'Recovering with T3' but incorrectly described. I have know idea why this comment is was placed on that website as I agree that without cortisol glucose would be low and this would be an issue for ATP generation. I write this clearly in my book. Maybe the person that wrote this has not yet read 'Recovering with T3'.

CT3M is not a quick fix and requires time, patience, experimentation and excellent record keeping.
    I hope so yes. This is the only way for any thyroid patient to get well. There are no easy solutions. Anyone who thinks they can just take increases of any thyroid medication and just get well without being disciplined is deluding themselves. Yes, my process in 'Recovering with T3' is spelled out clearly to make it easier for doctors and patients to follow. Discipline is important. Anyone that says they have a process that doesn't require this is truly deluded. I have no idea why they said that on the website as this is obvious for any serious attempt to get well for someone who has a problem which is not simple.

However, the statement that CT3M is just for tissue resistant hypothyroidism in untrue as most of the people who have got well using the CT3M it have normal hypothyroidism and adrenal problems. The experience of the majority of people who have used the CT3M is that it has corrected their low cortisol problems and only a fraction of these people have had what I prefer to call 'impaired cellular response to thyroid hormone'.

Are these comments on the Endocrine Awareness Centre's website in the interest of any thyroid patient? I'll leave the reader to decide.

Best wishes,
    Paul
    Sist endret av Paul Robinson; 18-03-12 kl 10:50
    • The author of 'Recovering With T3 My Journey from Hypothyroidism to Good Health Using the T3 Thyroid Hormone' discovered he was hypothyroid over twenty years ago.
    • Don't give up hope. There are solutions that work. Please explore this website and it will provide many new ideas for you to consider.

Medlem siden
    Mar 2008
    Sted
    Oslo
    Alder
    Meldinger

Standard Sv: "Unfortunately there is a lot of misinformation on the web..."

I see they have a kind of book review of your book here https://eaware.org/links/
    Hashimoto's, hypotyreose, Armour 2009
    Å leve med binyrebarksvikt eller binyretretthet
    • Ren T3 og LDN (lav dose Naltrexon) 2012, virket ikke for meg. Bruker thyroid

Standard Re: Sv: "Unfortunately there is a lot of misinformation on the web..."

Sitat Opprinnelig skrevet av Vigdis Vis post
    I see they have a kind of book review of your book here https://eaware.org/links/
    My book is accurate and their post on their website isn't.

Vigdis - you know many of the people who have used the CT3M method on the STTM forums - you should ask them who is right.

I'm just telling people what I've seen work for me and many others. I have little to gain from this as I don't charge money for helping people. I am not trying to build any business out of my observations. I wish the same could be said about others making comments about my methods. The truth will surface and be apparent to everyone in time.
    • The author of 'Recovering With T3 My Journey from Hypothyroidism to Good Health Using the T3 Thyroid Hormone' discovered he was hypothyroid over twenty years ago.
    • Don't give up hope. There are solutions that work. Please explore this website and it will provide many new ideas for you to consider.

Medlem siden
    Mar 2008
    Sted
    Oslo
    Alder
    Meldinger

Vigdis - you know many of the people who have used the CT3M method on the STTM forums - you should ask them who is right.
    Yes Paul. I know a lot of people who had their life changed by this method by now. As you know, I try out CT3M myself.

I just think it is interesting to see that there are people who, almost in a kind of religious way, keep on holding to their ideas, even when there are new information, new science. I am sorry, my English vocabular dosent help me right now.....

Standard Re: Sv: "Unfortunately there is a lot of misinformation on the web..."

Yes a kind of book review followed by misinformation of their own.

Why would that be I wonder?

Paul

Medlem siden
    May 2011
    Sted
    Nord Troms
    Alder
    Meldinger

Hi Vigdis

Since I haven't read Recovering with T3 yet, (I just ordered it the other day), I'm not sure I understand what you are talking about.

I don't get it. Can somebody please explain what the misunderstandings are, and point out the misinformation so I may understand

Medlem siden
    Oct 2006
    Sted
    Danmark
    Alder
    Meldinger

Sitat Opprinnelig skrevet av Elbeth Vis post
    I don't get it. Can somebody please explain what the misunderstandings are, and point out the misinformation so I may understand
    Read the first post in this thread and click on the link.
    • Tak for at du læste mit indlæg.
    • Vil du vide lidt om hvad jeg står for, er du velkommen til at læse min signatur her

Medlem siden
    May 2011
    Sted
    Nord Troms
    Alder
    Meldinger

Sitat Opprinnelig skrevet av Anisa Vis post
    Read the first post in this thread and click on the link.
    Thanks Anisa

I have been mislead from the wrong information, if this is the right on::
    Recovering with T3 – Misinformation
    Recovering with T3

Unfortunately there is a lot of misinformation on the web regarding Paul Robinson’s book “Recovering with T3”

First of all a few things to remember
    • The whole Endocrine System works together
    • Nothing is black and white when treating the diseases of the Endocrine system
    • One size does NOT fit all
    • The Circadian T3 method is a new protocol to treat those who have tissue resistant Hypothyroidism.
    • Only a handful of patient have been on the Circadian T3 Method (CT3M) long term (over a year)

1 .The Circadian T3 method will NOT heal adrenals. There are some patients who have been able to stop HC (hydrocortisone) when starting CT3M, but there are many who cannot. Many patients have found that weaning adrenal support a few weeks after starting CT3M is a better option. We would advise weaning with careful tracking of average temps.

2. T3 does not cause heart problems. T3 is used to treat heart patients after open heart surgery and in other application. When someone starts T3 and has a high heart rate, a-fib etc. Then they need to look at cortisol and iron levels. The body requires adequate levels of both cortisol and iron for T3 to get into the cells.

3. Cortisol as well as T3 is needed for mitochondria that make ATP for the cells.

4. CT3M is not a quick fix and requires time, patience, experimentation and excellent record keeping.

Medlem siden
    Mar 2008
    Sted
    Oslo
    Alder
    Meldinger

Pauls answer to #2 is

I am simply saying that changing any thyroid medication requires time, patience and thoroughness and that I thought the original comment in the article that was posted on the 'Endocrine Awareness' website was silly and should apply to the use of all thyroid hormones. Being thorough and careful is the only way for any thyroid patient to get well. There is no news here - I found the article on the website to be very silly indeed.

I don't see any conditions for which CT3M is dangerous - it won't hurt anyone. But for someone with Addison's disease or hypopituitarism then it won't make the adrenals work - that's all.

Side 1 av 2 12 Siste

Lignende tråder

1. Hvad er "fagmand", "fagfolk" eller "faglig ballast"?
    Av Anisa i forumet Diverse relatert til helse og sykdom
    Svar: 1
    Siste melding: 22-09-10, 15:29
  2. "Vores stjålne fremtid" ("Our Stolen Future")
    Av Anisa i forumet Andre bøker
    Svar: 4
    Siste melding: 07-03-09, 16:12
  3. "Vores stjålne fremtid" ("Our Stolen Future")
    Av Anisa i forumet Hvorfor (for)blir vi syke?
    Svar: 4
    Siste melding: 07-03-09, 16:12
  4. "konen", "damen", "madamen" mm. er prol.
    Av Anisa i forumet Forum: Andre emner (enn stoffskifte)
    Svar: 2
    Siste melding: 02-03-09, 17:11

Søkeord for denne tråden

Bokmerker

Regler for innlegg

• Du kan ikke starte nye tråder
  • Du kan ikke svare på innlegg / tråder
  • Du kan ikke laste opp vedlegg
  • Du kan ikke redigere meldingene dine
  •  

Logg inn

Logg inn