Viser søkeresultater 1 til 3 av 3
    Medlem siden
    Oct 2006
    Sted
    Danmark
    Alder
    Meldinger

Unhappy Edna Kyrie is already forgotten

I think that Edna Kyrie and her work is already forgotten. Read more after following quotes:

Mary Shomon wrote on Facebook in October 22, 2012 :

"I am so very sorry to have to share the news that longtime patient advocate Edna Kyrie died earlier this week, of complications from her ongoing Multiple Sclerosis. Edna was a dedicated researcher, and founder of the wonderful Thyroid History site, http://thyroidhistory.net/
    Rest in peace, Edna. Your work and spirit will never, ever be forgotten."

Sheila Turner http://tpauk.com wrote 21st October 2012 :

In 1985, Edna was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis – a diagnosis she still questioned, right up to the day she passed away. In 1998 Edna also found out she had an under-active thyroid; it was this diagnosis that encouraged her to found the wonderful scientific web site 'Thyroid Research'. She said: "I read a book on the thyroid and was amazed by how much could be affected by it, I decided to follow up the references at the back of the book, and so the project began."

Today, thyroid.net holds over 1,200 abridged articles on the diagnosis and treatment of thyroid related illness, photocopied from books and journals in The British Library and scanned onto her computer at home. She said: "At one point I was spending £70 a week on photocopying. I just feel so passionately about this." What has shocked Edna most, and what she talked about most animatedly, is the medical research by long-dead doctors that has been lost over the passage of time. Edna said "In the 1880s when they wrote about the thyroid they thought they'd found the elixir of youth. There is all this incredible work that had just been forgotten about."

The website sprang from a determination that the knowledge of thyroid function in many common illnesses is made available. Edna thought at the start that if she could just help one person it would be worth it, and she soon learned that she had helped many, many more than that - and will continue to help so many more in the future. (...)

Edna will be greatly missed, but her work lives on.

Jeah right!

I think that Edna's work, just as Dr. Lowe's is already forgotten.

Only a few months after Edna died, is Thyroidresearch.com (former Thyroidhistory.net) already expired and for sale. Content is gone. Meanwhile, the domain is used as a commercial link farms that most often refers to websites providing information which content often goes against Edna's purpose with Thyroidhistory.net.

Only one person asks about missing access to Thyroidresearch.com on STTM website. She got no response to her question.

What can I say ... Edna Kyrie, her work, her website and its content, more than a thousand articles on ancient knowledge of thyrology and desiccated thyroid in the treatment of hypothyroidism, is already gone and forgotten.

We who have not taken care to ensure, or at least, to maintain Edna's work online, we are solely responsible for what is going to happen to us in our hypothyroid future. Because along with Edna's work disappears also evidence that there are other treatments for hypothyroidism than synthetic T4.

We can not force the medical profession to change the treatment of hypothyroidism and take in use desiccated thyroid again without evidence. But most of the evidence is now gone along with Thyroidhistory.net because most of these lost articles are too old to be found online, and was only available digitally on Thyroidhistory.net.

I think that we deserve what's coming to us in the future. Edna Kyrie spent so much of her hard life with MS, to gather valuable information that we so ungratefully failed to protect against oblivion. I apologize deeply for our stupidity and ingratitude.

This case was, in every way imaginable, worth throwing everything one had in hands, and immediately begin to protect the contents of Thyroidhistory.net by all means, against disappearance.

But all was apparently just a empty words, and best friends turned out not to be best friends anyway, and the result we see now: Thyroidhistory.net is gone.

I'm really beginning to lose respect for, and confidence in the world's patient advocates.

Shame on us all.
    • Tak for at du læste mit indlæg.
    • Vil du vide lidt om hvad jeg står for, er du velkommen til at læse min signatur her

Medlem siden
    Oct 2006
    Sted
    Danmark
    Alder
    Meldinger

Exclamation Sv: Edna Kyrie is already forgotten

About Edna Kyrie.

Edna sets her site on better treatments

Thursday 23rd October 2003

A PAPER trail of history connects the Somers Town flat of wheelchair- bound Edna Kyrie with The British Library in Euston Road. It is a trail that leads to the internet, and to the website Edna created three years ago – Thyroidhistory.net.

Last month Edna, 38, and her website were honoured in The British Library’s annual report, which highlighted just what was being achieved in the hushed confines of the reading rooms.

This recognition has been a huge boost to Edna, who in 1985 was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis – a diagnosis she still questions.

In 1998 Edna also found out she had an under-active thyroid, it was this prognosis that encouraged her to found the site. She said: “I read a book on the thyroid and was amazed by how much could be affected by it, I decided to follow up the references at the back of the book, and so the project began.”

Today, thyroid.net holds over 1,200 abridged articles on the diagnosis and treatment of thyroid related illness, photocopied from books and journals in The British Library and scanned onto her computer at home. She said: “At one point I was spending £70 a week on photocopying. I just feel so passionately about this.” What has shocked Edna most, and what she talks about most animatedly, is the medical research by long-dead doctors that has been lost over the passage of time.

“In the 1880s when they wrote about the thyroid they thought they’d found the elixir of youth. There is all this incredible work that had just been forgotten about.”

William Gull, country-lad-turned-physician to Prince Albert is just one of the authors featured on the website. His article published in October 1873 gives a fascinating picture of encroaching hypo-thyroid, watching ‘Mrs B’ Sir Williams says, she “became more and more languid, with general increase of bulk”.

“This change went on year to year, her face altering from oval to round, much like the full moon rising,” he said.

Such symptoms were immediately familiar to Edna, whose face had blown up prior to her diagnosis of an under-active thyroid. She said: “After going onto thyroid supplementation treatment my health improved dramatically. I had more energy, was mentally sharper and far less prone to infections, unfortunately it seems it is too late to affect my walking or the associated nerve damage.

“I think I had been hypo-thyroid for a long time before it was diagnosed, everything was blamed on the multiple sclerosis, you get this one big diagnosis and everything is related back to that. The website springs from a determination that the knowledge of thyroid function in many common illnesses is made available. I thought at the start if I could just help one person it would be worth it, and now I know I’ve helped more than that.”

Edna’s health has declined in recent months and she is not getting to the Library as much as she used to, but she continues adding to the website from a backlog of copied articles.

“I worship The British Library and I feel I have this queue of long-dead doctors and physicians looking over my shoulder encouraging me,” she says. “This is what I have built my new life around – before all this happened I was a singer and a psychotherapist, I just can’t believe how much things have changed.”

Source: Edna sets her site on better treatments (link replaced / web.archive = not so fast download)
    Sist endret av Admin; 31-08-18 kl 01:25
    • Tak for at du læste mit indlæg.
    • Vil du vide lidt om hvad jeg står for, er du velkommen til at læse min signatur her

Medlem siden
    Mar 2008
    Sted
    Oslo
    Alder
    Meldinger

Standard Sv: Edna Kyrie is already forgotten

Finnes det likevel gjemt eller annet et sted på nettet, og mulig å spare for ettertiden, alt det Edna Kyrie tok vare på? Eller der det helt utradert?
    Hashimoto's, hypotyreose, Armour 2009
    Å leve med binyrebarksvikt eller binyretretthet
    • Ren T3 og LDN (lav dose Naltrexon) 2012, virket ikke. Bruker thyroid

Lignende tråder

1. Sleep: The Forgotten Key to Health and Wellness
    Av Mod i forumet Vitenskap på Youtube
    Svar: 0
    Siste melding: 05-03-11, 17:31

Søkeord for denne tråden

Bokmerker

Regler for innlegg

• Du kan ikke starte nye tråder