Medlem siden
    Mar 2009
    Sted
    Sverige
    Alder
    Meldinger

Lightbulb "Safe uses of Cortisol"

Safe uses of Cortisol

By William Mck. Jefferies, M.D., F.A.C.P.

Retired Clinical Professor of Internal Medicine
    University of Virginia School of Medicine
    Charlottesville, Virginia

Formerly Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine
    Case VVestern Reserve University School of Medicine
    Cleveland, Ohio

Former Consultant in Endocrinology
    Euclid Clinic
    Lutheran Medical Center
    St. Vincent Charity Hospital
    University Hospitals of Cleveland

CONTENTS

Preface

Preface to Second Edition

Preface to First Edition

Introduction to First Edition

Chapter

1. Backround
    - History
    - References

2. Sources of Confusion
    - Replacement dosage
    - Suprareplacement dosage
    - Subreplacement dosages
    - Instructions for Patients taking Cortisol
    - References

3. The Significance of Normal Adrenocortical Function
    - Stress
    - References

4. Generally Accepted Uses of Physiologic Dosages Including The Diagnosis and Treatment of Mild Adrenocortical Deficiency

- Adrenal Insufficiency
    - Case 1
    - Case 2
    - Case 3
    - Case 4

- Mild Adrenocortical Deficiency
    - Case 5
    - Case 6
    - Case 7

- Congenital Adrenal Hyperplapsia
    - Case 8
    - References

5. Gonadal Dysfunction and Infertility
    - Case 1
    - Case 2
    - Case 3
    - Case 4
    - Case 5
    - Case 6
    - Case 7
    - Case 8

- Repeated Miscariages
    - Case 8

- Testicular Dysfynction
    - References

6. Physiologic Dosages in Rheumatoid Arthritis: A Relationship to Autoimmunity and to Mild Adrenocortical Deficiency
    - Case 1
    - Case 2
    - Case 3
    - Case 4
    - Case 5
    - References

7. Allergis Disorders
    - Case 1
    - Case 2
    - Case 3
    - References

8. Other Autoimmune Disorders
    - Hyperthyroidism with diffuse Goiter
    - Case 1
    - Case 2
    - Case 3

- Chronic Thyroiditis
    - Case 4
    - Case 5

- Diabetes Mellitus
    - Regional Enteritis and ulcerative Colitis
    - Multiple Sclerosis
    - References

9. Viral Infections Including the Common Cold, Influenza, Infectious Mononucleosis and Shingles
    - The Comon Cold
    - Influenza
    - Infectious Mononucleosis
    - Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
    - Postviral Syndrome
    - Other Infections
    - Summary
    - References

10. Miscellaneous Clinical Conditions Including Functional Hypoglycemia and the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
    - Hirsuitism
    - Case 1
    - Case 2

- Acne
    - Case 3
    - Case 4

- Chronic Cystic Mastitis
    - Dysmenorrhea
    - Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)

- Hypothyroidism with high circulating T3
    - Case 5

- Functional Hypoglycemia
    - Case 6
    - Case 7

- Unexplained Chronic Fatigue ("The Chronic Fatigue Syndrome")
    - Travel Fatigue (Jet Lag)
    - Polymyalgia Rheumatica
    - Fibromyalgia
    - Leukemia and Lymphoma
    - Carcinoma of the Breast or the Prostate
    - Postoperative States
    - References

11. Summary, Speculation and Conclusions
    - References

Appendix

Name Index

Subject Index

http://www.ccthomas.com/details.cfm?...=9780398075002
    Til alle norske og danske stoffskifte-pasienter, anbefaler vi boken STOP stofskiftevanviddet, skrevet av verdens ledende pasient-aktivist Janie Bowthorpe, som i 2005 grunnla nettstedet Stop The Thyroid Madness. Boken er utgitt på dansk i 2014. För alla svenska hypotyreos-patienter, rekommenderar vi samma bok, översatt till svenska med titeln Stoppa sköldkörtelskandalen (2012). Til alle gode leger, og pasienter som ønsker å lære mer av "the right stuff", anbefaler vi boken Stop The Thyroid Madness II (2014) med bidrag fra 10 leger MD. I Skandinavia, definitivt de to beste og mest nyttige bøker for hypotyreose-pasienter, for deres familier og venner, og for deres leger.

Medlem siden
    Oct 2006
    Sted
    Danmark
    Alder
    Meldinger

Lightbulb Sv: "Safe uses of Cortisol"

Safe uses of Cortisol

By William Mck. Jefferies, M.D., F.A.C.P.

2. Sources of Confusion
    - Replacement dosage
    - Suprareplacement dosage
    - Subreplacement dosages
    - Instructions for Patients taking Cortisol[/COLOR][/B]
    - References
    INSTRUCTIONS FOR PATIENTS TAKING CORTISOL

Please read carefully and keep in a place they can be referred to frequently, such as a bulletin board or refrigerator door.

The medication that has been prescribed for you is a normal adrenal hormone. In the dosage that has been prescribed, it will not cause any of the harmful sideeffects that can result from an excessive dosage, but the instructions must be followed carefully. For this reason, the medication should be kept out of the reach of children or others who might take it by mistake. You will notice that the tablets taste somewhat bitter; so, like aspirin, if they are taken on an empty stomach they may cause gastric discomfort and indigestion. It is helpful, therefore, to take them just before meals or with milk or an antacid.

If you have ever had a peptic ulcer (of the stomach or duodenum), you should always take an antacid with each dose.

The medication is more effective if you spread out the day's dosage, so you should take __ tablet with each meal and at bedtime (or __ tablet with breakfast, __ tablet with lunch, __ tablet with supper, and __ tablet at bedtime), totaling __ tablets daily. It may be taken before, during, or after meals, but most patients prefer to take it just before meals. If a meal will be delayed over 2 hours or missed, try to take the medication at the usual mealtime.

If you forget to take a dose, for example at lunchtime, and remember it in the afternoon, take it when you think of it. If you do not remember it until the next dose is due, take both doses at the same time in order to have the correct total dosage for the day. It will not be harmful to double up on doses, but the medication will be more effective if you take each dose at the proper time. It is helpful to have a small pillbox in which each day's dosage is placed each morning and which is carried with you in your pocket or handbag at all times. This not only reminds you to take the medication, but also enables you to determine whether you have taken a dose. Sometimes it is difficult to remember whether you have taken a dose.

If you go on a vacation or trip, take at least two complete supplies of medication packed separately. Carry one with you and pack the other in your luggage. Then if one is lost, the other supply can replace it, because it might be difficult or expensive to replace medication when you are away from home. If you have mild or more severe adrenal deficiency, you should wear a Medic-Alert bracelet at all times in case you are in an accident and knocked unconscious, because doctors treating you need to know this in order to provide optimum treatment. If you do not have one, ask my secretary or me how to order one.

Because this is a normal hormone, it will not interfere with your taking any other medication. If you should develop symptoms of an incipient respiratory infection, such as a sore throat or nasal congestion, take a double dose of cortisol immediately and continue the double dosage until you have felt completely well for at least 24 hours, then return to your basic dosage. If symptoms last longer than a week, phone me. If you should develop symptoms of incipient influenza (chills, fever, malaise, aching), take 20 mg immediately and continue 20 mg four times daily until you contact me by phone. You should also take any other medication prescribed by me. If you develop "intestinal flu" (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea), take a double dosage of cortisol as soon as you can hold it down and phone me.

When these instructions are followed, infections usually clear more quickly, provided you do not smoke. If you smoke, you should stop smoking during any illness, as smoking will tend to delay your recovery and possibly cause complications. If any other questions arise, phone me.

Dr. William Mck. Jefferies
    • Tak for at du læste mit indlæg.
    • Vil du vide lidt om hvad jeg står for, er du velkommen til at læse min signatur her

Medlem siden
    Nov 2009
    Sted
    Danmark
    Alder
    Meldinger

Standard Bogen safe uses og cortisol???

Hejsa
    Er der nogle herinde som har bogen safe uses of cortisol og gerne vil sælge den?
    Ville lige høre herinde først inden jeg bestiller den, hvis den altså er værd at bestille?

Tak
    Fokusér på det du gerne vil have og det vil komme til dig

Medlem siden
    Mar 2008
    Sted
    Oslo
    Alder
    Meldinger

Standard Sv: Bogen safe uses og cortisol???

Det kan hende at du klarer deg med de utdragene du finner fra boken her på forummet, Honeyhob. Det er mye som står i boken, men også mye som ikke står der, som med alle bøker
    Hashimoto's, hypotyreose, Armour 2009
    Å leve med binyrebarksvikt eller binyretretthet
    • Ren T3 og LDN (lav dose Naltrexon) 2012, virket ikke for meg. Bruker thyroid

Medlem siden
    Oct 2006
    Sted
    Danmark
    Alder
    Meldinger

Smile Sv: "Safe uses of Cortisol"

Sitat Opprinnelig skrevet av Honeyhob Vis post
    Er der nogle herinde som har bogen safe uses of cortisol og gerne vil sælge den? Ville lige høre herinde først inden jeg bestiller den, hvis den altså er værd at bestille?
    Har du læst omtalen - Honeyhob? Eller har du blot læst nogen henviser til bogen? Det er ikke en helt "nem" en bog at læse. Hvad Biblen er for de kristne, er "Safe uses of Cortisol" for alle beskæftiget med (undtagen vores lokale "cortisolfabeter" af uindviede kaldt for "endokrinologer") eller interesserede i cortisol... Bogen rummer rigtig mange svar (om ikke dem alle) om trygt brug af hydrocortison og den medicinske baggrund herfor. Men man bør være indstillet på, at det er en håndbog, et compendium eller tæt på en lærebog - man får ikke alt serveret på en sølvbakke, men er nødt til at engagere sig i emnet før bogen er "værd" at eje.

Den absolut billigste nypris opnås gennem denne forhandler:
    • Tak for at du læste mit indlæg.
    • Vil du vide lidt om hvad jeg står for, er du velkommen til at læse min signatur her

Medlem siden
    Nov 2009
    Sted
    Danmark
    Alder
    Meldinger

Standard Sv: "Safe uses of Cortisol"

Hej Anita
    Ja, jeg har læst omtalen, men hvis det er et helt kompendie at komme igennem, kunne det godt være jeg sku prøve at klare mig uden..

Men tak for linket

Medlem siden
    Mar 2008
    Sted
    Oslo
    Alder
    Meldinger

Selv om den er velsignet fri for all den latin som ligger i Norges eneste bok om thyroideasykdommer skrevet av leger, er den en fagbok for leger. Og dermed tung. Jeg eier den, men har ikke orket å pløye meg gjennom alt....

Medlem siden
    Nov 2009
    Sted
    Danmark
    Alder
    Meldinger

Er der andre afsnit fra bogen her i forummet end det ovenstående?

Medlem siden
    Mar 2008
    Sted
    Oslo
    Alder
    Meldinger

Jeg mener n'Finn oversatte ett kapittel til norsk?

Medlem siden
    Mar 2005
    Alder
    Meldinger

Er jeg ikke sikker på Ruth ......
    Hvis jeg har, kan du sende meg boken om Altzheimer Light
    • Hansen - tidligere n'Finn og Finn Lang (på Facebook) forlot forumet i 2010 på grunn av et kontrovers om jod.

Side 1 av 2 12 Siste

Lignende tråder

1. Min nye kokebok-"bibel" - "Nourishing Traditions"
    Av anitab i forumet Helbred og kosthold
    Svar: 1
    Siste melding: 25-09-11, 16:06
  2. "Safe uses of Cortisol"
    Av Mod i forumet Biblioteket
    Svar: 1
    Siste melding: 19-02-10, 11:41
  3. "Vores stjålne fremtid" ("Our Stolen Future")
    Av Anisa i forumet Andre bøker
    Svar: 4
    Siste melding: 07-03-09, 17:12
  4. "konen", "damen", "madamen" mm. er prol.
    Av Anisa i forumet Forum: Andre emner (enn stoffskifte)
    Svar: 2
    Siste melding: 02-03-09, 18:11

Søkeord for denne tråden

Bokmerker

Regler for innlegg

• Du kan ikke starte nye tråder
  • Du kan ikke svare på innlegg / tråder
  • Du kan ikke laste opp vedlegg
  • Du kan ikke redigere meldingene dine
  •  

Logg inn

Logg inn